Fruit Coffee Cake w/streusel Topping
Adapted from the 1996 L.L. Bean Christmas Card
by Kristin Norwood
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or white)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Mix all ingredients to make batter.
- 1 cup diced apples
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Mix to make filling. (Original recipe called for 1c
blueberries without flour or spice.)
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Mix and cut in butter to form streusel topping.
- In 13"x9" or tube pan (greased and floured) add half of batter,
then fruit filling, then rest of batter. Top
- Bake in 350-degree-F oven for 40 minutes.
last modified: 3:14pm, Monday, 8 Nov 1999 by Lowell Gilbert.